Non Rail Activities
We have an exciting line-up of events chosen for the Non Rail attendees. All convention attendees may sign up, although most are catered to the ladies. If you are an NMRA member who has signed up for the convention without your spouse, you can still add your family member through the Company Store. Click here to print the Non-Rail activities. Click here to print the Non-Rail Schedule.
- Registration for everyone. When you check in, the Non Rail attendee will receive their name tag. There will be a separate table for the Non Rail attendees to receive their convention bag and information.
- Wednesday evening there is a BBQ at the McCormick Stillman RR Park. Tickets are $15.00 and available through the Company Store. Drink tickets are also available for $5.00 for two drinks.
- The morning starts with orientation. This will give everyone a chance to ask questions about the activities, logistics questions, etc.
- There are three Options for today:
- Verde Canyon Railroad – see the website for information. $125.00 per person on the Company Store. Includes bus ride, ticket and lunch.
- De Jour Restaurant – This student run restaurant is inside the Arizona Culinary Institute. We will be adding this to the Company Store because reservations and pre-payment will be required. After lunch, there is a shopping expedition to Scottsdale Fashion Square. We will be carpooling to this event. The cost is $25.00. Reservations and pre-payment will be required through the Company Store.
- Light Rail / Heard Museum – Ride the Light Rail from Mesa to Downtown Phoenix. There is a stop right in front of the Heard Museum. This museum sets the standard for the quality of it’s art and exhibitions of the American Indian. There is a café onsite for lunch. Tickets are $18.00 and lunch will be about $12.00. PACIFIC SOUTHWEST REGION CONVENTION - NON RAIL ACTIVITIES
- There is an optional dinner at Organ Stop Pizza for all convention attendees. Enjoy music from the Wurlitzer Theater Organ as you enjoy delicious pizza, salad bar and sub sandwiches. It is a short drive from the hotel so carpooling will be necessary. Normal pizza place prices. CASH ONLY.
- The day will begin with an onsite activity. We have a lunch planned at the hotel restaurant. Expect to pay around $15.00 for lunch.
- There are two options for the afternoon:
- Eddie Basha Art Gallery – Bashas’ is one of Arizona’s oldest companies and Eddie Basha, Jr. took over the Grocery business from his father. He began collecting art in the 1970’s and ended up with a significant collection of Western American and American Indian Art. There are over 3,000 pieces on display. There is no admission charge.
- The Brush Bar – This is an instructor led class where you paint the Picture of the Day in a step-by-step process. You end up with a wonderful piece of art to take home. The $40 fee includes a glass of wine. Reservations and pre-payment will be required through the Company Store.
- Tonight is the Hobo Auction. This is always a fun event. We are focusing on getting more items of interest to the ladies. We will have our own tables so you don’t have to look at all the train cars.
- The day starts with the Swap Meet. There will be a Craft Fair for the ladies. There will be two options for the afternoon.
- Museum of the West/Old Town Scottsdale/Trolley – The Museum admission is $15 for adults, $13 for Seniors. Since the museum is located in downtown Scottsdale, there is plenty of opportunity to visit shops, art galleries or have lunch. The trolley circles around downtown Scottsdale all day. We will have maps available.
- Scottsdale Wine Tasting and Shopping – We have selected LDV Tasting Room for the Lawrence Dunham Vineyards. Priced from $8 to $12 depending on which wines you want to taste.
- This evening is the Banquet. Make sure you signed up when you registered. If not, you can sign up through the Company Store.